Leaving 2019 in the review mirror, there is so much we've done here at Fat Heads in the las year year to be proud of, we had fun, worked hard and we've set up great projects for the year ahead.
Last April we took some time off to attend the Manchester 95 Kits exhibition which celebrated Umbro's 95 years in business 95 shirts that showcase their influence on football over their history. Following our passion for football shirts and the meaning behind them, we attended STRIP! How Football Got Shirty exhibition at National Football Museum. At the event we sat over 200 shirts, including bona fide classics, hipster reappraisals and some spectacular own goals.
This year was also a year of wins, in December our ongoing project United We Stand, won the Football Supporters Association Fanzine of the Year Award. Our creative director, Rick, has produced the cover artwork for the fanzine since 2012.
We've worked on great new projects were we:
- Designed the limited edition gig artwork for Blossoms! We did a Twitter competition to celebrate the band at their local legendary Stockport County ground. We gave away 5 limited edition posters of our artwork. We received great engagement with over 200 retweets resulting in 5 lucky winners! Here you can take a look at what we did for them!
- Launched our very own Etsy shop in May where you can find our favourite designs for you to own!
- Rebranded the Identity & Logo of Chancery Court Tax Chambers; along with their image treatment, print add and their brand new website!
- Revamped The Events Structure's website, making it more mobile friendly, image driven and with a product comparison table that allows them to quickly analyse and compare key statistics of each exhibition trailer. We also redesigned their print ads and their product spec sheets.
- Created the Cover art for the Manchester United Scandinavian Supporters Club. We made a detailed video of our design process that can be found here.
- Designed the Rough Sleepers homeless map. Which is a guide for homeless people in Manchester indicating local facilities such as medical, dental etc.
2020 is here and with it so many new exciting projects we can't wait to tell you more about! Looking forward, we will be:
- Launching the brand new website for Astra Attachment Solutions, the UK’s largest suppliers of hydraulic excavator attachments; supplying the Demolition, Construction & Rail industries with specialised equipment for over 15 years.
- Launching the Wellington Rubber Company website, they produce specific grades of Tyre Tread Buffings. Wellington is owned by J Allcock and Sons, which provides accompanying types of rubber crumbs, as well as rubber compounding chemicals and products.
- Developing a web-based evaluation tool for an existing international client.
- Building a website for an emerging sports media company.
- Building a website to promote a work placement app for University students that helps benefit the environment.
...And because all good things come back, we are currently redeveloping an existing Manchester client’s training course booking website.